We are looking for Mentors for our Club members!
Who is a Mentor?
Mentors are caring individuals who provide young people with emotional support, counsel, friendship, reinforcement, and a constructive example in a structured and trusting relationship.
They serve as a role model who may be missing from the youth’s life.
Expectations of a Mentor
- 16 years old & up (22 & up at the Teen Center)
- Available at least 1 hour per week
- Consistency in meeting with mentee
- Ethical behavior
- Open minded & accepting
- Positive attitude & demonstrates good sense of humor
- Notify Club if they are unable to make a mentoring session
Steps to Becoming a Volunteer Mentor
- Fill out a mentor application
- Fill out a background waiver form
- Mentor orientation with Program Managers
- Mentor Handbook training & paperwork training (mentee application, risk profile, referral request for mentor, weekly hours sheet, weekly tracking sheet, parent/guardian consent form)
If you're interested in becoming a mentor, please contact our Volunteer and Special Events Director, Jerika Henderson at email@example.com.