Boys & Girls Clubs of Topeka
Boys & Girls Clubs of Topeka was established in 1956 to serve boys of every cultural background between the ages of 7 and 19.
These services were held in the Washington School until a capital campaign was conducted in the late 1960’s to build the current
Adams Club site at 27th and Adams. The due diligence and dedication of founding members like Robert Brock and Ned Fleming
ensured that the children, both boys and girls, would have a safe place to go for help with academics, athletics and good citizenship.
Their hard work and dedication continues today in our before/after school, school days out, and summer programming where
community children can come and have vested, caring adults interact with them, helping them with homework or tutoring, provide
them with role models, learning opportunities and experiences they would be otherwise denied for lack of economic and social opportunities.