Interested in Volunteering? Get started today!
Volunteers play a significant role in the operation of the Boys & Girls Clubs. From thrift stores, to mentoring, to building projects, all are vital to our success. Our volunteer opportunities are listed below. If you and/or a group is interested, please print and complete our Background Consent Form and Volunteer Application.
Here is a list of our ongoing activities in our Clubs. Each of our 14 Club locations have opportunities. If you have a hobby, talent, or skill you would like to share, please let us know!
- Mentor: 1 hour a week commitment- Be a mentor for a Club member at any of our fourteen Club locations.
- Food Pantry Assistant: 2nd & 4th Wednesday of each month 4-6:30 pm- Oversee operation of the food pantry, act as point person for major food odnation sources, maintain and manage food inventory and pantry storage space, and assist and manage pantry clients.
- Front Desk Volunteer: Monday -Friday 10am-1pm- Answering incoming calls, provide necessart information acuratley, greet guest and Club members with a warm, welcoming & helpful attitude, and provide direction to members as to their designated area.
- Power Hour: Monday-Friday 4-5pm- Assist club members with the completion of their homework and help them improve on a particular subject area.
- Gamesroom: Monday-Friday 5-7pm- Assist staff and interact with club members in the gamesroom area (playing pool, Legos, ping pong, and board games).
- Arts & Crafts: Monday-Friday 5-7pm- Share your talents and skills (painting, drawing, special projects, etc) with club members.
- Sports: Monday-Friday 5-7pm- Assist staff with recreational activities (basketball, football, soccer, kickball, etc.)
- Technology: Assist staff and share your computer skills with Club members.
- Facility based project: Monday-Friday 9am-3:00pm- Assist with the upkeep of the buildings (painting, groundskeeping, cleaning, etc.)
- Create your own: If you have a hobby, talent, or skill you would like to share, please let us know.
Boys & Girls Clubs of the Topeka has annual fundraising events, including our Great Futures Gala and Harley Party. Each event requires the assistance of volunteers that provide vital help at the event. We work with individuals and groups who are interested in helping.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply online, click on the Apply Online button below.
To complete a paper application, click on the Download Application button below, deliver or mail it to our Adminstrative Office at 550 SE 27th St, Topeka, KS 66605 Attn: Katie Beach
For more information, please contact our Volunteer & Special Events Coordinator, Jerika Henderson, at firstname.lastname@example.org